Xiaomi, the popular smartphone manufacturer has launched the Mi TV Stick in India today i.e., on 5th August 2020. Before launching in India, the company has made the debut of Mi TV Stick in Europe in July 2020. These days people have indeed become highly accustomed to streaming OTT content. To enhance smart TV experience to the users, Xiaomi has launched Mi TV Stick. Using this device renders an amazing watching experience to the users on the bigger screen. The Chinese conglomerate has launched this new device that renders incredible functionality similar to the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Intending to compete with the Amazon Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi has launched the Mi TV Stick. One can easily stream media content from various OTT and other streaming platforms on TV through this Mi TV Stick. This device aids in streaming high-quality content from popular streaming platforms such as Disney+ Hotstar, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, and more. Just connect this device to Television using the HDMI port and switch it into a smart Television. After global debut, Xiaomi has launched this device in the Indian market.
Features and Specifications
The newly launched Mi TV Stick offers numerous beneficial features and specifications. We furnished the significant specifications of this compact device below. Check it out!
- Mi TV Stick comes powered by a Quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU alongside ARM Mali-450 GPU.
- On the display front, it appears as a compact device and weighs only 28.5 grams. The dimensions of Mi TV Stick is 92.4×30.2×15.2mm.
- The Mi TV Stick comes equipped with 1GB of RAM. On the storage front, the device provides 8GB of internal storage.
- This device easily turns an LCD, LED, and Plasma TV into a smart TV. The main thing that is essential to access this Mi TV Stick is an HDMI port on your TV.
- The device runs the latest operating system i.e., Android 9.
- Speaking about the connectivity options, the Mi TV Stick is compatible with dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth v4.2.
- With this device, one can stream high-quality videos on their TV at about 1920 x 1080 pixels at 60fps.
- It is compatible with video decoding options such as VP9-10, H.265, H.264, VC-1, MPEG1/2/4, and Real8/9/10. On the other hand, the compatible audio decoding options include DTS and Dolby.
- The Mi TV Stick supports streaming content from various media apps such as Spotify, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+ Hotstar, HBO, etc.
- This TV Stick also provides access to the Google Play Store app store. It means one can download more than 5000 apps through this device onto their TV. One can easily access copious apps that are designed specifically for a larger screen from Google Play Store through Mi TV Stick.
- Another interesting feature of the Mi TV Stick is that this device comes with remote control. The remote is compatible with Chromecast and also supports Google Assistant through voice controls. The remote control of Mi TV Stick is quite similar to the Mi Box 4K that’s launched last month in India.
- As of now, the Mi TV Stick is available in only one color variant i.e., black color.
Mi TV Stick Price in India
After the official launch of Mi TV Stick in India, the company has disclosed the price details of this product. The Mi TV Stick is available at Rs. 2799 in India. It can be purchased on the popular e-commerce platform, Flipkart, Mi Home Stores, and the official website mi.com. This device will also be available to purchase across various offline retail partners of Xiaomi soon. On the availability front, the Mi TV stick will go on sale on these platforms at 12 PM on 7th August 2020.
Further, the company will make this device available on various Mi Partner stores across the country. Comparatively, Mi TV Stick is highly affordable than the Amazon Fire TV Stick [1080p model] that costs Rs. 3999. One of the key points for the consumers to pick Mi TV Stick is the price range. Mi TV Stick is truly available at a low cost compared to its own Mi Box 4K device available at Rs. 3499.
During the launch, the company officials have boasted that this device comes pre-loaded with Google’s Data Saver. This Data Saver helps in monitoring data usage daily. To know whether you are running out of data, this Data Saver is a great option. It is to be noted that Xiaomi has launched this Mi TV Stick after a major launch of Mi Box 4K in India. It seems the popular smartphone manufacturing firm has been trying to enhance its productivity and sales in India by launching its new products in the country. Get to know the latest technology updates including new gadgets, launch events, and more on this website.