Promoting various products and services through mobile phones in the form of SMS has become quite common for telemarketing firms. Sometimes, the promotional activities are carried out through phone calls and some send messages. In that case, your message inbox might overflow with a huge pile of promotional messages. It turns annoying for the users and the Airtel customers aren’t an exception. It’s possible to get rid of such troublesome messages and calls from telemarketing firms. All you need to do is simply activate Airtel DND Service. By registering your number with DND, you can easily diminish the spam and secure your privacy. Airtel DND activation helps customers evade spam messages and calls. If you are not aware of this process, we are here to help you through this post. Let’s dive into the guide on how to activate DND in Airtel. Have a look!
How to Activate DND in Airtel Number
People can easily communicate with one another by using any of the mobile networks available in the country. In India, we have a lot of telecom service providers that offer abundant services to its subscribers. Whether you wish to communicate with your friends or relatives regarding personal matters or business-related issues, you must subscribe to a mobile network. Airtel is one such popular telecom operator that offers significant services to the users. If you use any of the apps to evade spam messages and calls, they could violate your privacy by reading your messages and call register.
The best way to overcome this difficulty is to activate DND on Airtel. People who register their number with DND [Do Not Disturb] registry will be registered with the National Do Not Call [NDNC] registry in less than 45 days. The telemarketers need to check the calling number in the NDNC registry before contacting them or messaging them. If your number is in the registry, you will be skipped from receiving annoying calls and messages. To help you with how to start DND in Airtel, here is the in-depth guide. One can activate the Airtel DND service in different ways i.e., online, SMS, app, and more. Check it out!
Activate DND on Airtel Number Online
Follow the easy steps on how to activate DND in Airtel through this simple guide.
- At first, visit the official website of Airtel from your mobile phone.
- Navigate to the DND Page on the website.
- Tap the ‘Click Here’ button appearing in the big red square titled Airtel Mobile Services.
- Enter your Airtel number in the provided field.
- Tap the option ‘Get One Time Password.’
- You will get the OTP in the form of an SMS to your mobile phone.
- Enter the OTP in the prompted field.
- Click ‘Stop All’ on the next screen.
- Hit the Submit button.
That’s all! This is an easy way to activate DND on your Airtel number via online mode.
Activate DND on Airtel Number by Call
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India enables the users to activate DND on Airtel in many different ways. One can even activate DND by making a phone call. Check the detailed procedure provided below.
- The users need to make a call from their mobile number to 1909 for Airtel DND activation.
- After calling 1909, you need to follow the corresponding IVR prompts.
- It immediately activates DND.
Activate DND on Airtel Number by SMS
Besides Airtel DND service activation online and making a call, there is another possibility i.e., sending an SMS. The Airtel customers can simply activate DND on Airtel by sending SMS to a specific number. Check the format given below:
Send START 0 to 1909 from your mobile phone to activate full DND on your Airtel number.
Once you send an SMS for Airtel DND activation, it takes almost a week. Whether it is Bharti Airtel or any other telecom operator, DND activation on your phone number requires 1 week. After successfully activating the DND on your Airtel number, you can notice that the promotional calls and messages will be lessened from Airtel or any other telecom operator.
Activate DND Using Airtel Thanks App
The Airtel customers have another option to Activate Airtel DND service through Airtel Thanks App. Follow the simple steps furnished below on how to start DND in Airtel using Airtel Thanks App.
- First of all, download the Airtel Thanks app from your app store on your mobile phone.
- After the installation, open the app and click on the number.
- On the next screen, you need to scroll down and click ‘Manage Services.’
- The next screen shows few options in which you need to select the ‘Activate/Deactivate DND’ option.
- It navigates to another screen asking to block the promotional messages.
- You will find a myriad of options that can be blocked from telemarketing firms.
- It includes banking insurance, financial, real estate, education, health, automobile, consumer, and more.
- Tick the required options and hit the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next screen, you can find a message that says ‘Successful! Your number has been registered for DND.’
- You can find your registration number at the bottom in the Summary section.
- Meanwhile, you will also get an SMS saying that your DND preferences have been updated for your Airtel number.
That’s all! This is the simple procedure to activate DND on Airtel using the Airtel Thanks app.
Even after activating DND on your Airtel number and you still receive promotional SMS or call from anyone, you can complain. One can make a complaint by visiting the Airtel’s website i.e., at www.airtel.in/applications/dnd/DND_Complaint.jsp?path=0/30
Well, this is everything you need to know about Airtel DND activation. Hopefully, this guide has given adequate information on how to activate DND on Airtel. If you have any doubts, don’t hesitate to ask us in the comments section. For more tech-related news, telecom updates, in-depth guides, and more, just stay tuned to this website. Visit our website frequently for the latest technology-based news.